Admissions Process & Application
A completed application packet must be submitted in order for the student’s application to be processed.
Applications are for new students only. Current students must re-enroll through their Parent Renweb account.
The $100 application fee is a one-time non-refundable fee per student. Completed applications for the 2020-2021 School Year are due by Friday, February 7, 2020.
Please contact the Admissions Office after February 9, 2019 to see if applications are still being accepted for the 2019 - 2020 School Year.
Applications for the 2020 - 2021 School Year will be available online October 1, 2019.
The following documents are required to complete an application for consideration:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate (if applicable)
- Social Security Number of Student (optional)
- Immunization/Health Records
- School Transcripts/Records/Report Cards
- Any Special Needs Testing and Evaluations
- Teacher Recommendations
- Assessment Results and Scores
- Custody Papers (divorced families)
- Emergency Information
The School follows all federal, state, and diocesan guidelines covering immunizations. The school must obtain a current immunization record before a student is formally enrolled. Required immunizations are listed in the School Handbook.
As part of the application process, prospective students are required to take an objective test over basic skills. The test measures the knowledge level and ability in the areas of Reading, Language, and Mathematics. This enables us to evaluate the child’s academic needs and ensure appropriate placement.
Assessment dates for the 2020 - 2021 school year are January 25, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. or February 22, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. There is an assessment fee of $50 per student. CLC applicants for 3K and 4K are not required to take an admissions test.
You may register here: 2020 Admissions Test Registration
Admission decisions are based on many factors, including: submission of all required forms, results of the assessment test, space limitations, and the availability of an educational program appropriate for the prospective student. Priority is given to returning students (currently enrolled and eligible to re-enroll) and qualified siblings of enrolled students.
Admissions decisions for the 2020 - 2021 school year will be made by March 6, 2020.
Waiting List Procedure
If a student cannot be immediately accepted for registration, he/she is placed on the waiting list. The waiting list is an on-going process, and carried over from year to year. The following criteria will determine admission for children on the waiting list:
1. Qualified siblings of students enrolled at the school
2. Length of time the family has been registered and active in the parish
3. Participation in the parish stewardship program (making and fulfilling a signed pledge card for at least $800.00 per calendar year)
4. Active volunteer participation in the Prince of Peace Catholic Community
5. If applicable, a student’s previous history of Catholic schooling and the family’s support of Catholic values
For additional information, please contact Mrs. Annie Brown, our Admissions Director