COVID-19 Information Plan
pRINCE OF PEACE INFORMATION PLAN
Prince of Peace Catholic School is intently following reports and updates of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). This is a rapidly evolving situation, so please check this page regularly for the most current and accurate information concerning our school. During this time of uncertainty, please join us in praying for our community. Let us pray for the continued safety of our students, families, faculty, and staff. Let us also pray for all those suffering physically, emotionally, and financially. Let us pray for containment and prevention of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We appreciate your partnership and thank you for your patience, grace, and flexibility as we work to support one another.
Our school campus will remain closed through the end of the academic year.
- May 20, 2020: Statement from our Principal, Mrs. Jones - Student Material Pick-Up
- May 14, 2020: Statement from our President, Mr. Evans - 8th Grade Graduation Update | Graduation Procedures & Safety Protocol Update
- May 5, 2020: Statement from our President, Mr. Evans - 8th Grade End of Year Procedures | Graduation Procedures & Safety Protocol | Class of 2020 Virtual Spirit Week
- May 5, 2020: Statement from our President, Mr. Evans - End of Year Procedures
- April 18, 2020: Statement from our President, Mr. Evans
- March 31, 2020: Statement from our President, Mr. Evans
- March 24, 2020: Statement from our Principal, Mrs. Jones
- March 20, 2020: Statement from our President, Mr. Evans
- March 20, 2020: Statement from our Pastor, Father Tom
- March 16, 2020: Statement from our Principal, Mrs. Jones
- March 14, 2020: Decree from Bishop Edward J. Burns | Video from Bishop Edward J. Burns on Mass Cancellations and Decree
- March 13, 2020: Statement from our President, Mr. Evans
- March 13, 2020: Decree from Bishop Edward J. Burns
- March 12, 2020: Statement from our President, Mr. Evans
- March 12, 2020: Decree from Bishop Edward J. Burns
- March 4, 2020: Statement from our Principal, Mrs. Jones
What You Need To Know
- The Catholic Schools Office invites all parents, students, and educators of Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Dallas to join a livestreaming of Mass on Thursday, April 30 at 11:00 a.m. This Mass is celebrated by Bishop Edward J. Burns and Bishop Greg Kelly and dedicated to all of our parents, students, faculty, and staff during this time of eLearning. The Mass will be available to watch online at csodallas.org/mass, or via Facebook Live by liking their Facebook page at facebook.com/csodallas. For more information, please view the flyer: CSO Dedication Mass for Catholic Schools.
- Father Tom and Father Stephen are offering a special All School Mass on Wednesday, April 29 at 9:00 a.m. for our students and families.
- As of April 18, our school campus will remain closed through the end of the academic school year.
- We encourage all our families to subscribe to the Prince of Peace Catholic Community YouTube Channel to watch live streaming of Daily Mass at 9:00 a.m. Monday- Saturday and 9:30 a.m. on Sundays.
- As of March 31, our school campus will remain closed through Friday, May 1, 2020.
- Bishop Edward J. Burns and Auxiliary Bishop Greg Kelly are asking Christians throughout North Texas to join the 1.3 million Catholics in the Diocese of Dallas in praying the Our Father at 12:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 25.
- POP Parents are invited to say the rosary on Wednesday, March 25 at 8:00 a.m. via phone conference led by POP InReach Rosary Committee. For dial-in instructions, please reference the March 25 morning email.
- As of March 20, our school campus will stay closed until Friday, April 3, 2020.
- Join us as we pray the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary with Pope Francis on Wednesday, March 19 at 3:00 p.m. for the protection of all our families as well as those who are sick and in need of God's healing.
- Daily Mass is being offered online each day by either Bishop Barron or Father Stephen Grunow, CEO of Word on Fire: Word on Fire Daily Mass. The video will be posted at 8:15 a.m. ET each day. Let us continue to practice our faith, rely on God, and know we are in His loving hands during these stressful times.
- Wednesday, March 18 is the start of eLearning for our students.
- Tuesday, March 17 is supply/material pick-up between 8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17 are preparation days for faculty members.
- Our school campus will be closed Monday, March 16 – Friday, April 3, 2020. There will be no after-school activities. This includes EDP, DPL, Fine Arts, all practices, and other extracurricular activities.
Parent and Student Resources
- Bishop Barron on the Coronavirus Quarantine
- Math Conversations at Home
- Common Sense: Resources for Families During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Father Mike with Ascension Presents: How Should Catholics Respond to the Coronavirus Pandemic?
- No Child Left Behind: Reading Tips for Parents
- The Cathedral of St. John Berchmans: Spiritual Communion
- Social Distancing: This is Not a Snow Day
- "How to Handwash - Catholic Style" Printable Resource
- BrainPop Video about Coronavirus
- Childmind: Talking to Kids About Coronavirus
- National Association of School Psychologists: How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus
- Spark and Stitch Institute: How to Talk to Kids and Teens About the Coronavirus
- America Magazine: A Prayer Amid an Epidemic
Public Health Resources
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Collin County Health News & Advisories
- Dallas County Health & Human Services
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- World Health Organization
- Diocese of Dallas Catholic Schools Office: Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Flu Precautions
POP Parish Newsletters/Resources
- To view live streaming of Daily Mass, please visit and subscribe to the POP Catholic Community YouTube Channel.
- Holy Week Tips from Prince of Peace Catholic Community
- Ways to Give to Prince of Peace Catholic Community
- Week of March 16 News & Note from Father Stephen
School Event Changes & Cancellations
- March 17: EXALT Adoration for 7th & 8th Grade
- March 19: 5K Stem Night
- March 24: Eucharistic Adoration
- March 28: PSIA Academic Competition
- March 19: 3rd Grade Field Trip
- March 20: School Spirit Store "POP Shop" Knick Knacks
- March 26: 1st Grade Field Trip
- March 26: School-wide Sacrament of Reconciliation
- March 27: School Spirit Store "POP Shop" Knick Knacks
- April 8: Living Stations of the Cross
- April 16: 4th Grade Field Trip
- April 30: Eucharistic Adoration
- March 16-23: Work for Change
- March 23: Student/Teacher Volleyball Game
- March 27: Confirmation Rehearsal
- March 28: 8th Grade Sacrament of Confirmation
- March 30: 6th Grade Quest Food Truck Wars
- March 31: Serviam Night - Feed My Starving Children
- April 7: CLC Fine Arts Night
- April 17: Buck-a-Jeans Day supporting National Autism Association of North Texas
- April 17: Team Tyus Dodgeball Tournament
- May 1: Buck-a-Jeans Day supporting Micaela's Army Foundation
As new event dates are scheduled, we will list them below.
Wellness Plan at POP
Our facilities and maintenance procedures exceed industry standards in regard to the cleaning and disinfecting of our campus facilities, and we continue to remind and encourage our students, faculty, and staff to practice good hygiene and frequent handwashing to prevent the overall spread of communicable illnesses. Some of these measures include:
- Lysol treatment of handrails, door knobs, student desks, and all other high-traffic areas
- Power washing of all common tables and hard surface furniture
- Carpet cleaning throughout the facility
- Razor antiviral treatments throughout the facility
- Additional sanitation stations placed in high-traffic areas