eLearning Student School Supply Pick-Up
- Monday, August 17
- 8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- eLearning students may pick-up their school supplies through St. James carpool.
- Wednesday, August 19 and Thursday, August 20
- On-campus students will receive their school supplies on their first day of school.
- Face-to-face students with last names beginning with A-M will receive their school supplies on August 19.
- Face-to-face students with last names beginning with N-Z will receive their school supplies on August 20.
Please note the early release dismissal times for half-days.
- 11:00 a.m. for CLC
- 11:45 a.m. for K - 3rd grade
- 12:10 p.m. for 4th - 8th grade
As many of you know, we have partnered with a new vendor this year for school uniforms. We are excited to have all of our uniform items sold directly through Academic Outfitters. They are here to help with your back-to-school uniform needs.
Store Location and Hours:
700 Alma Drive, Plano, Texas 75075
Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (July 26 – August 9)
To ensure a smooth shopping experience, please see the following online and in-store procedures:
- Face masks must be worn by shoppers and employees while in the Academic Outfitters store.
- Social distancing should be practiced while shopping. Capacity for shoppers in the store has been reduced by Governor’s Order. The number of shoppers in the store will be monitored. If the capacity is reached, people will have to wait outside the store.
- Online ordering at www.aoutfitters.com is encouraged to avoid the shopping guidelines mentioned above. Items ordered for store pick-up should be picked up before tax free weekend.
- State mandated Tax-Free Weekend (Friday, August 7 - Sunday, August 9). The store will not process returns or exchanges of merchandise purchased prior to the tax-free weekend.
Please mark your calendar for the first week of school as this year will be different than usual.
Sunday, August 16 - Virtual Back-to-School Mass & Meet the Teacher
- Virtual Mass will begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Virtual teacher presentations for all families is 11:15 - 11:45 a.m.
- You will receive a link from your homeroom teacher in the welcome email they sent out Friday, August 14.
Wednesday, August 19 & Thursday, August 20 (half-days) - First Days of School
On the first day of school, we will provide instruction to students on appropriate social distancing and hygiene practices consistent with the mitigation practices we have adopted. In order to make sure all of our students and faculty are comfortable with the new rules, we will have two first half-days of school.
- Face-to-face students with last names beginning with A-M will begin school on Wednesday, August 19.
- Face-to-face students with last names beginning with N-Z will begin school on Thursday, August 20.
- All eLearners will begin school on Thursday, August 20.
We are pleased to introduce the newest members of the PVO Board:
- President - Kristy Henn
- Vice President - Shawna Allen
- Treasurer - Erin Elliott
- Secretary - Cara Mengacci
- Fundraising - Susan Stern
- Lower School Homeroom Team Coordinator - Leslie Baxter
- Upper School Homeroom Team Coordinator - Lindsey Thompson
- School Store - Marcia Maslow
- Parish Liaison - Nikki LaPointe
- CLC Liaison - Katie Tarsha
If you shop at Amazon.com, please tie your account to Prince of Peace Catholic School. 0.5% of all purchases are donated to our school. Please sign in to your Amazon account and then choose Prince of Peace Catholic School to benefit from your shopping. Per Amazon, only purchases at smile.amazon.com (not www.amazon.com or the mobile app) support charity.