Technology at POP
At Prince of Peace Catholic School, we are dedicated to providing each student with a technology-rich environment where digital age skills, such as communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity are fostered. Our goals for technology are:
- To be seamlessly integrated so as to strengthen and enhance the rigor and relevance of curriculum content
- To be a dynamic tool that can assist in maximizing the learning potential of each student
- To empower students to create their own learning experiences in a digital learning environment
Technology not only fosters student engagement and achievement at Prince of Peace Catholic School, but it also supports communication and collaboration among students, parents, and faculty.
Technology integrated into instruction and learning:
- Interactive Smart and Newline screens
- Laptops, PCs, and iPads in K-4 classrooms
- iPads for centers in CLC classrooms
- Apple TVs and Microsoft adapters for device projection
- Document cameras
- Touch screen AIO computers in the Computer Lab
- Loaner laptops available to 5th - 8th grade students
- Class set of iPads used in the Media Center
- The Cube collaborative space showcases project-based learning (PBL) in a high-tech makerspace environment
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
Upper School students in 5th - 8th grade bring their own devices from home.
Please review the BYOD Letter for the 2020-2021 school year.
Digital Use Permission
Please review the Digital Use Permission documents for the 2020-2021 school year.