Technology at POP
At Prince of Peace Catholic School, we are dedicated to providing each student with a technology-rich environment where digital age skills, such as communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity are fostered. Our goals for technology are:
- To be seamlessly integrated so as to strengthen and enhance the rigor and relevance of curriculum content
- To be a dynamic tool that can assist in maximizing the learning potential of each student
- To empower students to create their own learning experiences in a digital learning environment
Technology not only fosters student engagement and achievement at Prince of Peace Catholic School, but it also supports communication and collaboration among students, parents, and faculty.
Technology integrated into instruction and learning:
- 1:1 iPads in K-4 classrooms
- Class set of iPads used in the Media Center
- BYOD - Students in grades 5-8 bring their own laptops.
- Lower School learning management is organized through Seesaw.
- Upper School learning management is organized through Moodle.
- Students use Microsoft Teams for video conferencing, iOS apps, and a variety of online learning resources through our ClassLink Single-Sign-On service.
- The Cube i3 collaborative space showcases project-based learning (PBL) in a high-tech makerspace environment to inspire imagination, integration, and innovation.
- Our STEM program's technology C3 Lab tools for learning include 2-in-1 laptops, iPads, and robotics from Wonder Workshop, SamLabs, Terrapin Blue Bots, Sphero, Cubelets and Ozobots to develop collaborating, creating, and coding skills.
- Interactive Smart and Newline screens
- Apple TVs and Microsoft adapters for device projection
- Document cameras and voice amplifiers
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
Upper School students in 5th - 8th grade bring their own devices from home.
Responsible Use Policy & Digital Use Permission
We have signed the Project Unicorn pledge and have committed to data interoperability implementation!
Prince of Peace Catholic School pledges our commitment to provide secure access to student data, educate practitioners and families about student privacy, promote equity, and ensure fiscal responsibility for education technology purchases to improve the educational impact and security of student data.
Our successful implementation of ClassLink as our Single-Sign-On service provides a higher level of data protection through the seamless transfer of information across multiple platforms.